Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Peace, Love, and Learning!


Happy 2012-2013 School Year!!! 

Yes, I'll admit, I've been MIA in the blogging world over the past few months (especially these past few weeks!), BUT now that school is up and running, and I've finally had a chance to sit down and take a few deep breaths, I'm SO excited to get my fingers typing my blog posts onces again!!!  :)

So, I figured a fitting first "back to school" post would be just a short one about our school-wide "theme" this year:  Peace, Love, and Learning!  It's super cute, and our whole campus is decked out in 70's style.  Here's our wonderful team bulletin board at the beginning of our 2nd grade hallway:




I realize they're not the best pictures (since we have to do it around a curved wall), but you get the gist, right?!  :)  We were going for a little Charlie's Angels silhouette, but we had to make 6 instead of 3, for our SIX classes.  That's right!  This year, we have SIX 2nd grade teachers!  And, of course, we replaced the guns in the hands with classroom supplies....paint, paper, scissors, glue, etc. 

Outside each of our classrooms, our grade level has individual boards with our classroom themes. 



Then, we strung black tulle and clipped chalkboard clothespins to them to display our kiddos' work!  Fun and cute!  :)



Do you dig it as much as I do?  Pretty groovy, right?  :)  I hope you're picking up on my 70's lingo here.... :)

So, do you have a school-wide theme?  Or just grade level?  I'd love to hear about it! 

Happy new school year!!!  Hope everyone's off to a great start!!!

2 comments: